A sweet and delicious recipe for these amazing Strawberry Cupcakes and Cheesecake Frosting to make the perfect adult Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes!
1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
1/2 cup red wine
1 box French vanilla cupcake mix
1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- Add hulled and sliced strawberries to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add strawberry puree to a small pot and add red wine. On medium heat, cook down until thick. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare French vanilla cupcake mix according to box directions. Mix in the wine and strawberry mixture and fill the cupcake cups in a cupcake tin about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 18 minutes (according to cupcake recipe on box) until toothpick is clean when inserted in the middle.
- Cool for five minutes in the pan and then cool on baking rack.
- Top with cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs or diced strawberries.
Recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In an electric mixer add cream cheese and butter. Blend until smooth and creamy, then slowly add powdered sugar until combined.
- Once the mixture is fluffy, add in vanilla extract and blend until combined.